Since March 2013, Law 122, which aims to improve building safety, has been in force. You must therefore obtain a report indicating that the facades and the building are in good condition. You must also maintain the building to prevent elements from detaching from the facades, such as bricks or concrete slabs, and to ensure the safety of the occupants.
The steps of a facade inspection
- Meeting with property owner/manager
- Document review - construction plans, Régie du bâtiment du Québec (RBQ) records
- On-site inspection and photo taking
- Qualification of observations
- Issue facade condition verification report and recommendations
Our engineers carry out a thorough inspection of the condition of the facades before giving you a detailed and complete report. To comply with legal requirements, all our reports are signed by engineers and will include their recommendations.